Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Keep us in your prayers!

Hello everyone. Sorry we haven't updated in awhile...its been a crazy couple of weeks. We are so ready for this little guy to come so that maybe, just maybe, things can calm down a little bit! We are due in twelve days...so the countdown continues. We have a checkup on Friday and hope that things are progressing.

This past Saturday we found out that my mom has breast cancer. Over the next couple of weeks she will get tons of tests ran, including an MRI to determine if the cancer has spread to anywhere else in her body. She is doing well, obviously trying to cope with the reality of the situation. For those that don't know, my grandmother has fought breast cancer. This makes the situation even more real and tough because we know what to expect. The next couple of months will be filled with intense chemo and eventually breast removal later this summer. The doctors want to try to shrink the tumor first before they try to remove it. Today she went with her best friend to pick out a wig. Apparentely, she will lose all of her hair immediately after her first chemo treatment, which is in the next couple of weeks. My mom is extremely beautiful and strong, so I know she'll just do great. She has no other choice.

4 comments:

The Drysdale Crew said...

Nicki.. I am so very sorry about your mom. I know words can't express how I feel. I talked to Andy on Sunday and he told me. I hope the chemo goes well for her and they get everything removed. I know it is hard and especially right now with you having the baby. I just want you to know we love you and Mary Jo and will keep you guys in our prayers. If you haven't already you should see if she would want a blessing from Andy.
Love you so much! Cara

Tamara said...

you are in my prayers, along with your mother! You are a strong girl, and trust that this is part of His plan for you, and your mother. I agree with Cara...ask her if she'd like a blessing. The Lord can work miracles, and it would help you & her feel better. Keep up the good attitude and you will be blessed, along with your family...stay strong, the lil one is almost here!

Mary said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that!! My mother-in-law was DX a year ago last March. She is getting ready for her last surgery at the end of the month. Modern medicine is AWESOME!! Lots of blessings and prayers too, those are the most important!! Let me know if you need anything!! Can't wait to see that cute baby!!

Evan and Jamie said...

We are praying for your family Nicki! I know your mom is strong and with all of your love and the prayers of everyone, she will pull through this!! Love you guys!