Friday, October 31, 2008

It's Been Way To Long

Watching TV. He loves to sit like this in the morning and watch the news with mommy :)
Yummy! This is really as messy as he got. It was kinda disappointing. He shoveled it in!
We rarely catch him with a smile on his face, at least for the camera. :) He is getting really interested at grabbing and staring at the camera. I did catch a grin the other day though!
See his little hand guiding mine to his mouth. The poor kid was starving!
Carter and Andrew. I love my boys!

Mommy and Carter. I know it's not the greatest of him but out of the three we took this was the best of me. I figure as much as I post pictures of myself I might as well put up a decent one and let the little man look silly :)
Little man and Rachel. She came and visited as while we were in Ftown. This is also his first flannel shirt. I'm afraid the first of several.

Carter and Miss Aubrey. I know he always has this blank stare but he is just so captivated by our camera. :)
Carter loved Kaylee! Isn't she beautiful?
Carter loves Andrew to make silly noises. He was gobbling like a turkey in this one. I think Carter was enjoying it!
Last but not least. I love my husband. I got some flowers just for the hey of it! It was so unexpected and so sweet!


Ok, ok, I know I haven't updated in forever. We have been really busy and traveling a bit so life lately has been a little crazy. I'm going to do one super long, unorganized post and hope I hit all of the highlights from the last months :) I'll post some Halloween pics tomorrow :) Carter will be sporting a cow suit for Halloween tonight.

Where to start? My mom is doing well. She is offically done with chemo. Woo hoo! November the 17th she is scheduled to have a double mascetomy and after recovery six weeks of radiation everyday. We are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, unfortunatly, it's still a bit far away. Please keep her in your prayers.

Andrew got all of his medical paperwork back and as we expected he is unable to fly anymore. In the next week or so we'll be making major decisions. We have tons of options and luckily Andrew is in the position where lots want to do what they can to help. We haven't been too open with family about what our possibilities are but when we make a decision and orders are actually on a piece of paper, we'll start spreading the news. We think we'll know before Thanksgiving. :) It is indeed very stressful to make such life altering decisions. Sometimes I find myself wondering, "Isn't that why we joined the Air Force, so that they could tell us what to do for the next four years?"

We were able to travel a bit these last couple of weeks. We stayed with Ryan and Cara + kids in Columbia, MO for a week and then back to Fredericktown for a few days with my family. It was so great to be back in Columbia and see friends and family. I hadn't been back since I graduated in May of 07! I was able to see two of my great friends, Aubrey and Jeanna, and introduce them to Carter boy. It was so great. :) Also, it was awesome to see Ryan and Cara. We didn't get to have too much "fun" however. The guys were building a master bedroom in the basement and in their spare time hunting. Needless to say, they were not around much :) The twins and Kayless have gotten so big though! Kaylee is super smart and is such a little lady now. Thanks again for everything Ryan and Cara!

So Carter, our little one, isn't so little anymore. :( He has an appt. next Friday so we'll see then what he weighs in at. I'm really anxious. He is getting such a personality and impresses us everyday. Sometimes in the evening we'll catch ourselves just watching him sleep. I'm know, we're crazy! Breaking news though, today he ate his first bowl of cereal. He has been waking up earlier and earlier and also, he hasn't been satisfied after feeding time for awhile now. I knew the time was coming but we held off as much as we could. He did so great and caught on after the first bite. It seemed as if he had been eating from a spoon his whole life! Which got me thinking...I think he has been in his sleep! :) The poor kid was starving I think! He kept shoveling it in and guiding my hand to his mouth for more. I loved it!

A few of his favorite activities:

1. Playing in his crib when he wakes up. He doesn't cry to let me know he is up but simply rolls over and hangs out!
2. Screaming. Not a sad screaming but just a talking screaming. I think he just discovered he could yell. The other day Andrew and I were trying to have a conversation and we actually had to leave the room so that we could heard one another.
3. His feet! He is finding his feet quicker everyday. I even found him sucking on a toe this morning!
4. Wiggling out of his PJs. On multiple occasions I've found him with his arms out of his PJs. Most of the time he sleeps in the elastic bottom dress thingys. I'm sure they have names but I don't know them. :) Anyway, most mornings his arms are out and he is wiggling around with armless sleeves!


I'm running out of time and I still have to upload pics so that's it for now. I know it wasn't too personal and detailed but at least it is an update! We love you guys and think about everyone everyday!

4 comments:

Kelli White said...

I am so glad you posted. Wow has he grown since the last post. He is so cute in the overalls. I love them. I miss you guys. Hope all is well and you will be in our prayers.

Shannon said...

These pictures are GREAT! He really is getting so big, you weren't joking! I love thepics of him eating-too cute! We love and miss all!

Debbie Lunt said...

Hi guys,
Man, I can't wait to see this cute little fella! He is so big already, it makes me crazy. I love the one of Carter laughing, is that adorable or what? Give him kisses for me. I love you guys a ton. Thank you for calling and talking to me and keeping me updated so often

Love you
MOM
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Unknown said...

such a cute little man!
tell carter boy he is very fashionable- flannel is very "in" in korea!
miss you, nicki!