Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

On Memorial Day Andrew and I traveled to Hot Springs, AR for a fun filled day of sightseeing. It is a small tourist town about an hour or so from Jacksonville. I was so ready to get at of the house for once so I was super excited! Hot Springs is famous for its historic bathhouses, hot springs and is packed with tons of other history, cafes and tourist shops. The springs that still run here produce fresh water that comes out of the ground at 143 degrees! Crazy, huh? We also went to an alligator petting farm which Andrew really enjoyed. You could feed the animals but I wasn't able too because they had goats mixed in with the deer and other animals. For those of you that know I am absolutely terrified of goats, so Andrew did all the petting and feeding. We also took a Duck Ride tour of the town. These are niffy little vechiles that travel on land and water so the two hour tour was of the downtown area and Lake Hamiliton. The day was super fun but by the end of the Duck Ride my feet were so swollen that I couldn't bend my toes! Time to go home :) We are the world's worst at taking pictures but here are a few we had from the day.

4 comments:

Evan and Jamie said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! Miss you guys!

The LeNeave's said...

You guys are so dang cute! Miss you guys!

Mary said...

You are the cutest prego lady I've ever seen!! Looks like you guys had fun!! Enjoy it while it's only the two of you. A day trip like that will require a lot more CRAP one month from now!! : ) We miss you guys!!

Unknown said...

i lurve that you are afraid of goats :)