Saturday, May 24, 2008

Open to the Public!

Well, I started our blog last weekend and am now going to take a few minutes to update and add some more pictures and send the email inviting all of our friends and family to see our page! Andrew has started to get a little nervous about the baby coming and bringing more expenses, so he has gotten a second evening job. I hate him not being here but then again I have gotten tons of stuff done (this blog for example!) We both turn into couch potatoes when we are at home together!

Eventually when the baby comes I'm sure we'll have more exciting posts but this will have to do for now. Andrew built me a very small garden box this morning! I am super excited to get things planted. For those of you who know her my mom has a green thumb, so we'll see if I have inherited that trait or not! We were going to try to get things planted today but after a long trip to Lowe's in the 100 degree weather and then witnessing the building, I was too tired and decided to nap instead :)

Here are some recent photos. Andrew and I went to visit family back in Fredericktown, MO the first weekend of May, which was the Azalea Weekend. There are rides, food, a big parade and lots of other fun things to do. One of them is a Super Farmer Contest they have every year in rememberance of my grandfather. There are always representatives from my family that participate. It is basically a relay race that tests your farming skills! Since I am quite large at the moment and couldn't partner with Andrew, my cousin Abby did. They didn't place but had lots of fun! That same weekend Andrew also killed a turkey hunting on my parents land. There are also pictures Andrew wanted me to post of his hunting trip with his brother Ryan and his dad.

Until next time!

Andrew and Ryan fishing.
Andrew and his dad.
Andrew and his turkey!!
Andrew and Abby building fence in the Super Farmer!
Super Farmer.
Getting ready for the competition!

4 comments:

Evan and Jamie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun at the Super Farmer!! Miss you guys!!

Tamara said...

Super Farmer, eh? What will they have next in Missouri? We sure are some crazy ol hick folk, aren't we? Welcome to the world of blogging! You'll have to check mine out when you get a chance! Hope you are doing well!

-Tamara
http://tamarasheaven.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

How fun!! Andrew looks like he had fun on his hunting trip!! Glad you guys are doing so well!!

Shannon said...

Yea!!! I love it! I am so glad to see you jumped on this stuff too...especially with the baby coming-it is just too much fun!